Big Horn Quilts

Big Horn Quilts
Thirteen years online!

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Day after Christmas, 2007

We had a great lazy Christmas. I rearranged my sewing room, trying to make room for all my art supplies and art books. Brought some old projects down to the shop to finish, since I seem to be doing all my sewing here.

Oh, to introduce myself. I am Julie Owens, owner of Big Horn Quilts in Greybull WY. I'm trying really hard to retire from the day to day operation of the shop, and have pretty much turned everything over to my employees except paying bills, doing payroll, and updating the website, http://www.bighornquilts.com/

I've recently embarked on a new interest, getting a degree in fine arts. I originally did it because I wanted to do better art quilts, and that is still a motivation, but I'm also finding I really enjoy drawing and painting. I'm studying online, through the Academy of Art University in San Francisco.

I'm so impressed by all my friends who have blogs, and decided it was high time I do the same.

No comments: