Big Horn Quilts

Big Horn Quilts
Thirteen years online!

Monday, January 17, 2011

Joining the modern world

I have been asked to put the shop on facebook, so Big Horn Quilts has a new presence there. I've been talking to my kids and relatives for years on facebook, but trying to do a commercial thing is tricky. I still haven't figured out how to do the little 'like' deal on my website under each item, but I'm working on it. Back in the 1980s I was an internet pioneer (I was a beta tester for aol, before it was called aol), and then in the nineties I was one of the first online stores, but about that time I was so busy I just didn't keep up with the newer stuff like social networking and mobile apps. If you don't go forward, you slip backwards. Or, if you snooze you lose. I've been trying to catch up since the weather got too cold to work in my garden. Does anyone know how to get the like box on my website? I tried following facebook's instructions, but I seemed to get everything but a like box.

No comments: