Big Horn Quilts

Big Horn Quilts
Thirteen years online!

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Nose to the Grindstone


Lately I've been putting new fabric on the website every day, working on a cool quilt, and trying to get a blankety-blank (insert some kind of obscenity here) chair finished. The chair deal is for a charity auction - I agreed months ago to do an 'art chair'. Basically you take any old chair and paint it up and make it pretty, or fun, or interesting. In September they will auction them off for charity. The deadline for the chairs was a couple weeks ago, and mine still isn't done. I had to strip it, and it rained for a solid week when I was stripping it. I needed to do it outdoors, and it was a mess. Anyway, I got it stripped, and I've been painting and wood-burning on it for a couple weeks. I'll post pictures when it is done, but who knows when that will be. I've been working on it every day for a couple weeks.
But, on a happier note, my quilt is finally ready for borders!
It is from the one-patch wonder book, and I really like it. More exciting, Dave even likes it - he says it doesn't look like a quilt I would make. No orange or chartreuse. Hmmm. Now I have to lop off the zig-zags and square it up, before putting the borders on.

3 comments:

Sylvia said...

Oh Julie, It turned out just beautiful! I think you should cut a strip of chartreuse and have it hanging there like you are putting it on as a border just to freak Dave out!

Jeanie Kieft said...

Wow!!! This quilt is breath taking. You have been on quite a creative spurt lately getting stuff done!!!

Anonymous said...

This quilt is just striking. The colors are so rich and full. I can't see where one block starts and ends and have never done the one block wonder but this takes the cake. (Oh, sorry, you're dieting!). WOW!
What book is it from??? I may have to have that one.
Carline in HOT Vancouver, WA