Big Horn Quilts

Big Horn Quilts
Thirteen years online!

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

First day of hunting season

Hunting is a big deal here in Greybull WY, and today is the first day of regular deer hunting season. The convenience store where I get my coffee early (5am) in the morning was jammed with hunters - lots of orange. Good weather this year, the snow is on the ground but the sun is out.
Last night we had Tuesday night sew-in, and had a good group. Marquerite finished her stack n whack top, made from the same fabric as my one block wonder.

Julia Cheatham and Linda Moser were both embroidering, Shirlee was doing the hand work binding her big pink quilt, Mary and Roberta were going nuts trying to figure out a very complicated paper piecing pattern for a class they are taking in Big Timber Montana next month (twisted log cabin). They spent a good deal of time in the bathroom, drawing things and holding them up to the mirror to figure out what the actual quilt will look like, because you sew on the back and everything comes out mirror image.
Jay Gifford and Sharon Brown were using the big cutting tables cutting out a stack and whack quilt. Marquerite was designing a halloween quilt - its going to be cute, she made great big candy corns that she will wonderunder on the border.
this is what she's got so far:

My design wall is 12 feet long and 8 feet high, so its great for playing and designing.
I cut out borders for a quilt last night, but didn't get much else done. Maybe today I'll sew them on. I joined the quilting bloggers site yesterday, so I should be getting a graphic for my blog soon.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

One of these days I'm going to make it to your store!