Big Horn Quilts

Big Horn Quilts
Thirteen years online!

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Retreat report

Last weekend I had a glorious 3 days of sewing, eating and sisterhood. The Wyoming State Quilt Guild sponsors a retreat in Cody, every spring and fall, at the Holiday Inn. I always get tons of ufos done, and get so inspired by everyone else's work. Michelle Quick is our retreat organizer, and she does a wonderful job. We have no teachers or program. Nothing is scheduled except meals, and this year they were fantastic. We basically take over the big ballroom for our sewing. We drag as many ironing boards and irons out of our rooms as we need, everyone gets a whole table if they want it, and we sew our brains out.

There were 27 of us, and I got lots of ufos done, or at least got bindings sewn on the quilted ones and backs made for the unquilted ones. Saturday night we had show and tell, and I want to share some of the quilts that blew my socks off.
Last year Jenny Singer won a bundle of batiks as a door prize, and she brought this top to show us what she did with it.


Nita brought her finished basket quilt to show. The quilting on this is amazing, you can't really see it in this picture.




|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Roberta Brown brought this masterpiece to show us before she gives it to her son - he's a railroader I used to work with in a previous life.
I have tons more pictures, maybe I'll post some more tomorrow. Anyway, I was SO ready for retreat, and now I am nicely retreated.

No comments: