Big Horn Quilts

Big Horn Quilts
Thirteen years online!

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Been sewing




I've been sewing like crazy since Christmas. This quilt is made for our Victory club. For our First Saturday club this year, we decided to do the blocks in Eleanor Burns' Victory Quilt book. Once you start making the blocks, its kind of hard to quit. I made blocks in three colors, but only have one color put together as a quilt. Our club met last Saturday, and over 40 people showed up. I can't wait to see all the different interpretations - sampler quilts are really fun. Eleanor has it all over her quilt in a day website (http://www.quiltinaday.com/), even with videos of making this quilt. She dressed in period costumes and uniforms for the videos, and darned if my friend Shirlee didn't show up in uniform for the club!




Then, a bunch of my online friends are doing Bonnie Hunter's latest mystery quilt. You can play, too, if you want to, its on her website www.quiltville.com and it is really fun - lots of itty bitty pieces. The nine-patches are 3 inches finished, and there are a bazillion of them. I'm not as happy with my color choices as I could be, but I've got them all cut out, so its going to be in these colors. I still can't get a feel for what it is going to look like done, but after tonite's Tuesday sew-in, I got all the blue and yellow units done, and most of the brown ones. So, that's why I haven't been blogging. I'll be better this year - at least once a week.

No comments: