Big Horn Quilts

Big Horn Quilts
Thirteen years online!

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Busy Week

It's been a busy week. Lots of trips to Cody. On April 14 I had my second cataract operation in Cody - so now both eyes are done. Other than the fact that I don't need nearly as much light to read or sew, there isn't a whole lot of difference. My distance vision was always good, and still is, and I'll still need readers to see closeup. (But not ten million watts of light.)
On April 15, we had to go back for my checkup, and since we were there, and totally agree with the tea party philosophy that Washington has gone crazy, we went to the Cody Tea Party. It isn't a democrat or republican thing, both parties have lost touch with reality. The weather was atrocious for standing outside in the park, but hundreds of people showed up and signed the petition.

Then on Thursday, I went back to Cody for our state quilt guild retreat, which ran thursday thru sunday. Basically we just sewed our butts off. No classes, but they feed us and we can sew from 6 in the morning til midnight if we want. I got lots of ufos done, or at least the tops. Mostly scrap quilts. I'll show pictures when I get them quilted. Got two charity quilt tops done, and two big bedsized ones. Plus an art quilt. On Saturday night after supper we have show and tell.

Several of the girls from Greybull showed the quilts they made from Sherry's Bargello with a Twist class - they were all made from the same block.


Sunday afternoon (today) I drug myself home, sewed out. The dogs were glad to see me, and Dave was too (but not as excited as the dogs). Good to be home, but the retreat was wonderful. Tomorrow I'll put new fabric on the website, and catch up on all the new books and patterns Sherry has put in my 'to do' basket.

1 comment:

Judy Laquidara said...

Glad to hear that you got you eyes fixed! Sounds like you all really did sew your butts off. That's a lot of sewing time!