Big Horn Quilts

Big Horn Quilts
Thirteen years online!

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Refreshed, retreated and renewed!

I just got back from a 4 day retreat in Cody. Made a new back cushion for Dave's rocker, using the one the dogs ate as a pattern. Worked a while on Brook and Sam's wedding quilt, but mostly I worked on a new scrap quilt. I used Bonnie Hunter's Scrappy Mountain Majesty pattern. If you haven't been to her website, she has tons of free scrap quilt patterns, and lots of free advice. I've known her since the Interquilt days, back in the mid 90's, and she is a wonderful giving person.
Anyway, I am still trying to use up my stash, or at least knock it down some.  I felt like a green and gold quilt, so I went to my stash and pulled lights and darks that either contained or would go with green and gold.  I made the 132 blocks - fun blocks, you make great big half square triangles, slice them and rearrange them.  But then came the dillemma:  how to set it?  I had my design wall with me, so I played.  These are some of the settings I came up with.


I took votes, because I liked all of them. The consensus was the last one, which is the actual delectable mountains pattern, the traditional one. So thats what I'm going with. I'm back in the shop now, and have it on my big design wall and am sewing it together.

My rototiller has been in the shop for 2 months, frustrating my yearly spring urge to dig in the dirt. But we got it back yesterday, so today after I put our new fabric on the website I plan to get out and dig!

1 comment:

Pat F. said...

I like the "green blob". It's a nice resting point and is very tree-like which fits with the delectable mountains.